The Services à la carte (SALC) project aims at developing a technological, extensible platform enabling "on demand” aggregation of heterogeneous digital media services. The SALC platform is composed of a set of basic services like content storage, content delivery, content negotiation, contracting, event reporting and many others. All these services are available through standard interfaces to let the users combine them into aggregated services.
This approach overcomes most of the current drawbacks in creating and deploying new services by:
- Offering a standard representation of all metrics and data;
- Lowering the initial cost of deploying a new service by composing a new service, rather than creating it from scratch;
- Associating a form of remuneration (e.g. payment, ) to each content or service.
The project is focused on the following crucial technologies:
- Platform architecture for handling demands taking into account the distributed nature of users (including service providers);
- Events. Management of “digital media” events’ life cycle (i.e., requesting, waiting for, testing for occurrence, notifying and accessing);
- Tagging. Management of a “tag”’ life cycle: the user based description of each content includes definition, evolution and association with other tags;
- Mash-up (pull). Tags can be exploited to create a combination of content (including advertising) satisfying users’ requirements;
- Rich Media User Interface. Overcoming proprietary advanced user interface such as Intel CE 3.0 and Yahoo! Connected TV by adopting the technologies of the emerging standard ISO/IEC 23007;
- Negotiation and contracting. Lowering the access to basic ecommerce functionalities: negotiation technologies compliant with ISO/IEC 23006-4 and contracting technologies compliant with ISO/IEC 21000-20 Contract Expression Language.
Il progetto di ricerca SALC è finanziato nell'ambito del POR FESR 2007/2013 della Regione Piemonte con il concorso di risorse comunitarie del FESR, dello Stato Italiano e della Regione Piemonte.